These chocolate-peppermint pancakes are the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning! They are made with whole-grain pancake mix, pea protein powder, and a little cocoa powder. Plus, they’ll keep you full and are low in sugar which means that you can eat more holiday cookies!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill whole-grain pancake mix
- One serving protein powder
- 1 egg or 1 chia egg (for vegans)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 cup water
To make a chia egg, in a small bowl combine 1 tbsp chia seeds, and 2.5 tbsp water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the pancake mix, protein powder, and cocoa powder
- Whisk in the water, egg, coconut oil, and mint extract
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, spoon batter onto a griddle and let cook about 2-3 min each side over medium heat
- Top with coconut, apples, and my personal favorite: Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut PB