I’m pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that pancakes by far are the greatest breakfast food. But, we also know that pancakes can be filled with lots of unnecessary sugar and all that jazz. Here is a healthy pancake recipe that doesn’t sacrifice taste and can justify grabbing an extra helping.
Side note: This pancake mix is amazing! I also use it as whole grain flour in recipes. Such as in these banana muffins
- 1.5 cup of Bob’s Red Mill 10-grain Pancake mix
- Two eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Whisk two egg whites in a separate bowl, and place the yolks in a larger bowl
- Combine coconut oil and yolks until mixed
- Pour mix and water into the oil/yolk mixture and stir
- Fold in egg yolks and chia seeds
- Finally stir in blueberries and add more water or mix depending on the consistency you want
- Heat up a skillet and cook pancakes until golden-brown, flipping halfway through
- Enjoy with fresh fruit and peanut butter!