Yogurt is a staple for runners. It can be used for a post-run snack, dessert, or even breakfast. When paired with chia seeds, granola and fruit you have a delicious, healthy and nourishing snack. We tested multiple yogurts in order to find out what organic yogurts taste the best and are the best for you.
The contenders: Siggi’s Icelandic skyr yogurt, Dreaming cow Grass fed, Chobani, Fage, and Dannon light & fit yogurt.
The BEST granola: I found this granola and it is my new favorite: “Bear Naked granola” in original cinnamon flavor. It has only 6g of sugars, and also 6g of Protein with all natural ingredients. Plus it has delicious ingredients: Cinnamon whole wheat oat clusters, cranberries, and sesame seeds. Find it here.
- Siggi’s Icelandic style yogurt: I tried the blueberry flavor and I loved it. If you are used to eating mainly Yoplait or sweetened yogurt it might take some getting used to the sour/traditional yogurt flavor. But it is actually delicious and I loved the thickness of the Skyr-type of yogurt and had only five ingredients! It was also filled with 15g of Protein! And barely any sugar! ***Plus the packaging is super photogenic and Instagram-worthy***
- Dreaming cow Yogurt: This yogurt is so cute and I love everything about it! It is all organic and made with grass fed milk. The flavor that I tried was Dark Cherry Chai and the cherry flavor was so prominent and amazing. It is not as thick as traditional yogurt so I would use some chia seeds and granola to thicken it slightly. In addition, they have so many wonderful flavors and I honestly can’t wait to try them all, especially the Maple Ginger. Check out their website here.
- Chobani: Although I was skeptical of Chobani because it is so commercialized but when I explored their brand I learned that they only use all-natural ingredients (and you know how I love organic!) I tried Vanilla non-fat and it was delicious, especially since it was Greek yogurt. Although it did have the most sugar out of all the yogurts that we tried.
- Fage: Okay maybe I should not be the judge of this yogurt because I got the plain flavor it was honestly nasty. It was sour even though I put tons of fruit in it. But, the nutritional benefits and thickness of the yogurt definitely would make it ideal in a smoothie or recipes. I would be interested in trying their “splits” that have fruit or honey to pour in the yogurt but they do have a lot of sugar.
- Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt: Although this yogurt is not organic, this yogurt is low in sugar, high in protein, low-calories, and very delicious. I really like the flavors in this brand and it is a good snack to have when I am hungry before bed. Find it here.
- Noosa Chai yogurt: I love this brand and I think their yogurt is really good. I found this yogurt when I was walking downtown, and I saw that their truck was giving out free yogurt. It was kind of sketchy but their yogurt was so good. They have such unique flavors and I literally want to try all of them.. Especially since they are made with all-natural ingredients, but on the downside they do contain a high amount sugar.