This smoothie was more of an experiment than a planned recipe. I got home from school after finals and was really feeling a pick-me-up smoothie, preferably in my favorite color: purple. Unfortunately we didn’t have any protein powder or strawberries so I had to make do with limited ingredients. The resulting recipe turned our delicious and looked beautiful as well!
Ingredients: makes one serving
- 1 banana
- 1 small handful of frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp of dried peanut butter (or 1 tbsp of regular peanut butter)
- 7 ice cubes (doesn’t have to be precise)
- 1 leaf of Kale, stem removed
- 3/4 cup of cold water
- Protein powder (optional)
- Put the ice and water in the blender first, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy! (Tag us if you try out this smoothie!)